Postilion Software Engineers at Stanchion are self-starters and should strive to be experts in all things related to Postilion programming. This encompasses (inter alia) Java programming, Postilion internals and operation, testing and database skills. In addition to Postilion-specific skills they are also extremely well acquainted with relational databases, SQL and various forms of scripting. They have a deep understanding the Windows operating system (or easily become well acquainted), and will usually have a thorough knowledge of multiple programming languages and operating systems. Based on progression and growth, Software Engineers would be expected to mentor and assist less experienced Software Engineers.
- Skilled Java SE.
- Working knowledge of Python.
- Understanding of Windows.
- Understanding of Postilion Office.
- Working knowledge of fundamental networking principles.
- Working knowledge of Windows command prompt.
- Good understanding of Postilion systems and the payments environment.
- Good understanding of payment life cycle.
- Some knowledge of Postilion Realtime SDK.
- Realtime Framework 4 or 5
- Postilion Office
- Working knowledge of PostCard.
- Some knowledge of Postilion Test Harness would be useful.
- Understanding of EFT protocols and message standards such as ISO 8583.
- Good Microsoft SQL Server skills – including developer items such as SQL coding.
- Data Design Skills.
- The ability to perform operating system installations and software installations.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills (English).
- Ability to read and interpret business and functional specifications in order to write accurate a concise technical specifications.
- Ability to read and interpret technical specifications for realization in software.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural diagrams and requirements.
- Analytical and logical problem-solving skills.
- A solid understanding of testing and the ability to test a new solution end-to-end.
- Dedicated worker.
- A person who takes initiative
- Dead-line driven.
- Independent worker.
- Excellent design skills.
- Ability to perform quality assurance on other programmer’s work.
- Working knowledge of source and version control principles and products (e.g. Bazaar, CVS, Perforce).
- Thorough knowledge of JUNIT and code coverage tools.
- Expert Eclipse IDE knowledge
This serves as guideline of what the company expects from a developer. The items categorized below are not fully inclusive and there may be additional expectations from time-to-time
- Develop solutions from technical specifications.
- Develop technical specifications from business and/or functional specifications.
- Write high-quality, readable code to applicable standards (including internal and external customer’s standards).
- Ensure that version control is properly performed.
- Highlight and address errors or short-comings in received specifications.
- Troubleshoot defects
- Manage time effectively.
- Be able to work on more than one project at a time.
- Deliver software that is thoroughly tested and debugged.
- Meet deadlines.
- Effectively communicate status without prior prompting.
- Provide mentorship and knowledge sharing across the business
- Technical support and management of our environment.
- Liaise with vendors; third parties and clients in a professional and courteous manner.
- Accurate and timeous resolution of problems.
- Documentation and contributing to the Knowledge base (Stanchion Wiki).
- Assistance with automation and improvement of processes within the organization.
- Team work.
- Assist with code quality assurance.
- Willingness to work extra time if necessary
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to:
email@example.com and quote ‘Associate Software Engineer’ as your subject line.