Stanchion’s Business Development manager is a senior member of the Stanchion Payment Solutions USA team. They are responsible for improving the company’s market position and achieving the targeted financial growth within the region of operation. They are customer centric, constantly exploring new opportunities both within existing customers and in the broader market to expand Stanchion’s business. They will play a critical role in building relationships and business with existing clients and new clients.
The successful candidate will work with the internal product and service delivery teams to ensure existing customers are delighted with our service delivery and products, increasing customer satisfaction and reference ability. The candidate will proactively identify potential issues and head them off or, where necessary, adeptly handle any problems or escalations in a timely and effective manner.
The successful candidate will build fruitful relationships throughout our clients’ business, using their problem solving abilities to identifying opportunities, problem areas or vulnerabilities where Stanchion can deliver value. The candidate will work with the Solutions team and the marketing department to package solutions that will help our clients exploit the identified opportunities and/or effectively address key problem areas or vulnerabilities. They will be responsible for the necessary pre-sales activities required to sell those solutions to Stanchion’s existing and potential clients.
They will set and achieve sales targets, develop and deliver against strategic account plans, whilst providing the necessary operational support to continually improve the relationship with Stanchion’s client portfolio.
- Own and drive pre-sales engagement activities with potential clients and existing clients
- Develop and execute against short and long-term strategic plans for clients aligned to Stanchion America’s market strategy and to increase Stanchion America’s revenue
- Establish trust relationships with Stanchion clients by actively building business relationships with multiple contacts points in client environments
- Acquire a thorough understanding of key customer needs and requirements
- Expand the relationships with existing customers by continuously proposing solutions that meet their objectives
- Identify, size and close new business opportunities and contribute to design and packaging of solutions using insights gathered from clients and the market needs
- Clearly articulate how Stanchion’s solutions will drive commercial value to our clients
- Responsible for the contracting process with clients.
- Evaluate competitive actions with respect to the existing customer portfolio and within the market and recommend appropriate action
- Ensure the correct products and services are delivered to customers in a timely manner
- Serve as the link of communication between key customers and internal teams
- Resolve any issues and problems faced by customers and deal with complaints to maintain trust
- Play an integral part in generating new sales that will turn into long-lasting relationships
- Prepare regular reports of sales and account progress and forecasts to internal and external stakeholders using key account metrics
- Travel Required: 50% to client site, incremental for internal meetings as needed.
- Working knowledge of electronic payments industry and associated products and services and Stanchion’s offerings in particular
- A high degree of commercial and contractual acumen together with the proven ability to structure commercially appropriate engagements
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong research and strategic analysis skills and ability to conduct the necessary market analysis needed to identify the company’s current position.
- Proven account development skills within a complex, multi-solution client portfolio
- Strong sales experience in B2B environment with demonstrable skills in providing solutions based on customer needs.
- Proven track record of success in growing existing account and developing new accounts.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain professional business relationships throughout an organisation
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrable ability to proactively working towards solutions
- Project Management Skills – able to set goals, plan and manage projects, manage the risks involved, calculate budget, cost, time and teams working on ongoing projects.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with aptitude for building relationships with professionals of all organizational levels
- Ability to positively influence others to achieve results
- Ability to grasp technical concepts quickly
- Ability to multi-task and manage several requests, deadlines, customer interactions
- Executive presence
- Years of Experience: A minimum of 10 years of success in progressive sales and account management positions in the Fintech industry. (Electronic Payments)
- Education (required): Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, Miller Heiman Training (advantageous).
- 3 years sales leadership experience
- Knowledge of the Spanish Language would be advantageous
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft office tools e.g. PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Vtiger CRM
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to:
email@example.com and quote “Business Development Manager” in the subject line.
Should you not receive any feedback within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.