As the manager of this business unit within Stanchion, you are ultimately responsible for the successful delivery of Stanchion’s Managed Service strategy ensuring high levels of service and excellence is achieved while maintaining a healthy profit margin and department growth. You will be responsible for planning and implementing long term support strategies to achieve the company’s objectives, ultimately leading, managing and developing this function within our business. The successful candidate will have experience in leading multiple technical support or operational teams around the world in high pressure environments, continually aiming to improve operations and support-related processes with a goal to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction and trust.
- Drive the divisional strategy with particular focus into opportunities to grow and enhance Stanchion’s application management services
- Provide leadership and direction ensuring appropriate and robust service management and support frameworks are in place
- Drive a continual service improvement programme based on a desire to become a world class managed service provider.
- Put measures in place to report on the effectiveness of the team’s service delivery. Ensure reporting mechanisms are also in place for customers, aligning these reports to SLAs.
- Establish a technical support team that will Follow-the-sun based across the various Stanchion regions, ensuring the operating procedures of this team and practices are well defined, documented and consistently applied
- Instil a high performance culture in the team with a focus on team work, service excellence and ownership for resolving customer issues
- Ensure governance, continuity and stability of all procedures in the department using best practices
- Be capable of identifying and implementing change within the existing team to ensure it can take on new service offerings
- Put the correct processes and measurements in place to ensure new customers are on-boarded with seamless handover to the support teams
- Encourage open communication between team members, allowing the team to bring forward ideas on how they can collectively deliver a more effective service
- Set and cascade business objectives and targets to the team
- Ensure teams are skilled, trained and developed to enable them to deliver high quality service and support
- Ensure quality, up-to-date documentation exists for all service arrangements
- Achieve consistent customer satisfaction ratings and respond appropriate to customer feedback on areas for improvement
- You’ll have solid leadership and people management skills along with previous experience growing and developing an operations function
- Be passionate about delivering exceptional service.
- Proven experience with Application management, Service Level Management and Vendor Management.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Experience managing budgets.
- Proven experience with ITIL, specifically Incident and Problem management as well as Continuous Improvement Planning.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional teams
- Understanding of a service-orientated business operation
- Strong financial acumen
- Planning and forecasting
- Complex problem solving
- Effective decision making
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Basic Qualifications: Bachelors Degree
- 5-7 years of Senior management experience
- ITIL Foundation Certification + ITIL Intermediate Certification in Service Operations.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to:
firstname.lastname@example.org and quote ‘Business Unit Operations Manager’ as your subject line.