Fulfil the technical implement and software delivery of Professional Services to Stanchion customers.
This role requires significant domain expertise in the payments space and experience with ACI Payments products. Ideally the candidate would also have implementation experience of Postilion systems and a working knowledge of software development. Exceptional interpersonal skills, customer service skills and written and verbal communication skills are required. A working knowledge of good project management practices would be an added benefit.
The Payments Engineer has the following primary responsibilities:
• Within the scope of the relevant projects, act as a technical consultant to the client on ACI Payments products and customizations.
• Ensure that solutions and projects are specified and documented appropriately, according to the agreed deliverables and process.
• Develop solutions from technical specifications.
• Develop technical specifications from business and/or functional specifications.
• Write high-quality, readable code to applicable standards (including internal and external customer’s standards).
• Ensure that version control is properly performed.
• Highlight and address errors or short-comings in received specifications.
• Manage time effectively.
• Be able to work on more than one project at a time.
• Deliver software that is thoroughly tested and debugged.
• Meet deadlines.
• Ensure that applicable solutions and projects are implemented according to best practices, on time, and to the satisfaction of Stanchion and the customer.
• Ensure that solutions and projects are managed and operated by the client to the standards and processes agreed to between Stanchion and the client.
• Liaison between the client Senior Management and Stanchion Senior Management.
Additional responsibilities include:
• This role is intensively client-facing and requires frequent verbal and written interaction with the client (and possibly other applicable vendors).
•Provide technical input and guidance into the solution design originating from either the client, or Stanchion itself.
•Guide and assist team members in terms of technical and domain knowledge, professional skills, and correct delivery according to the stipulated timelines.
•Manage all deliverable related to projects, where Stanchion is the provider of any deliverables.
•Work with client project managers whilst keeping the designated Stanchion manager appraised of progress, risks, actions, status, etc.
•Solve implementation and/or migration problems, or ensure they are solved timeously by the available resources.
•Participate in any project retrospectives and contribute to internal process improvement and maturation.
•Balance the short-term needs of clients with the long-term wellbeing of any solutions, whilst keeping in mind the best interests of Stanchion.
• Verify the overall quality of any software developed and deployed at a client.
•Liaise with other business groups where necessary.
•Any other necessary function not defined above that would be required for successful delivery of any projects.
•Some reasonable travel may be required from time to time.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to:
email@example.com and quote ‘Payments Engineer – Dubai’ as your subject line.