Senior Postilion developers at Stanchion are self-starters and experts in all things related to Postilion programming. This encompasses (inter alia) Java programming, Postilion internals and operation, testing and database skills. Their abilities are such that they are able to mentor more junior staff and are easily able to perform hit-squad type troubleshooting on live Postilion systems. In addition to Postilion-specific skills they are also extremely well acquainted with the Windows operating system, and will usually have a thorough knowledge of other programming languages and operating systems.
Senior developers are also able to perform architectural and design tasks.
- Expert Java SE.
- Working knowledge of Python.
- Expert understanding of Windows.
- Expert understanding of Postilion Office.
- Excellent knowledge of fundamental networking principles.
- Working knowledge of Windows command prompt.
- Expert understanding of Postilion systems and the payments environment.
- Expert understanding of payment life cycle.
- Expert knowledge of Postilion Realtime SDK.
- Realtime Framework 4
- Realtime Framework 5
- Postilion Office 4
- Working knowledge of PostCard.
- Working knowledge of Test Harness.
- Expert understanding of EFT protocols and message standards such as ISO 8583.
- Expert SQL Server skills – including developer items such as SQL coding.
- Data Design Skills
- The ability to perform operating system installations and software installations.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret business and functional specifications in order to write accurate a concise technical specifications.
- Ability to read and interpret technical specifications for realization in software.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural diagrams and requirements.
- Analytical and logical problem-solving skills.
- A solid understanding of testing and the ability to test a new solution end-to-end.
- Dedicated worker.
- A person who takes initiative
- Dead-line driven.
- Independent worker.
- Excellent design skills.
- Ability to perform quality assurance on other programmer’s work.
- Working knowledge of source and version control principles and products (e.g. Bazaar, CVS, Perforce).
- Thorough knowledge of JUNIT and code coverage tools.
- Expert Eclipse IDE knowledge.
This serves as guideline of what the company expects from a developer. The items categorized below are not fully inclusive and there may be additional expectations from time-to-time.
- Develop solutions from technical specifications.
- Develop technical specifications from business and/or functional specifications.
- Derive development estimates from specification documents
- Write high-quality, readable code to applicable standards (including internal and external customer’s standards).
- Ensure that version control is properly performed.
- Highlight and address errors or short-comings in received specifications.
- Manage time effectively.
- Be able to work on more than one project at a time.
- Deliver software that is thoroughly tested and debugged.
- Meet deadlines.
- Effectively communicate status without prior prompting.
- Provide mentorship and knowledge sharing across the business
- Technical support and management of our environment.
- Liaise with vendors; third parties and clients in a professional and courteous manner.
- Accurate and timeous resolution of problems.
- Documentation and contributing to the Knowledge base (Stanchion Wiki).
- Assistance with automation and improvement of processes within the organization.
- Team work.
- Assist with code reviews and code quality assurance.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to:
firstname.lastname@example.org and quote ‘Senior Software Engineer – JHB Offices’ as your subject line.
Should you not receive any feedback within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.