Summary of the Role
Stanchion Payment Solutions is responsible to design, deliver and support critical payments related projects for our customers. The successful candidate of the Software Development Manager role will be responsible for managing various complex dynamics of a fast-paced environment. These dynamics include people management and application development life-cycle management. To be successful in this role you are technically astute with a proven track-record of building and leading a team. You are passionate about people and rigorous on implementing processes and ensuring control measures are in place to manage, support and ensure quality, secure and functional code is delivered to our business and customers. The successful candidate plays an important role to our business success and interacts closely with many departments across many regions. You will be familiar with both agile and waterfall software development processes and comfortable to roll up your sleeves and develop code to get the job done. You are a subject matter expert with a strong background in payments technologies (preferably Postilion).
- Lead and manage an engineering team that will design, build and maintain software to meet our customer requirements.
- Hire, coach, mentor and manage software engineers within the department.
- Able to define and implement metrics and reporting measures required to manage productivity within the department’s and ensure efficiencies and effectiveness is maintained.
- Manage the software development lifecycle processes within Stanchion including all design, testing and implementation processes.
- Collaboration with the management team to develop long-term technology strategies to support Stanchion’s business growth.
- Responsible for the department’s budget and the effective financial management of the department
- Ability to work with different teams across various regions.
- Accountable for the on-time delivery as well as quality of software development projects to customers.
- Manage development timelines including resource planning and allocation
- Manage the quality of delivery of work and ensure process adherence
- Oversee the department code review procedures and compliance tasks
- Clearly define and frame priorities, responsibilities and commitments for the software engineering team
- Stay abreast with technology advancements, industry news to support the future success of the business
- Provide documentation for project teams and customers such as high-level estimates, impact assessments, external & internal specifications and user documentation
- Manage DevOps support processes post software release to customers.
- Able to work under pressure and multitask
- Well organised with attention to detail
- Strong work ethic, reliable and trustworthy
- Well organized with attention to detail
- Well-developed people management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Team player
- Advanced technical background with an in-depth knowledge of Java development (Postilion advantageous)
- At least 7 years’ experience in payments environment
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a managerial / team lead role
- Bachelor of Engineering required
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to:
firstname.lastname@example.org and quote ‘Software Development Manager’ as your subject line.