The role of a 24/7 technical engineer within Stanchion has become available. This is to provide operational support across all our clients. The support includes daily monitoring of the payments environment as well as point of sale support and dealing with issues as they occur. Technicians are responsible for ensuring that all incidents that are logged are effectively resolved; managed and escalated if necessary.
- Understanding and knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- The ability to monitor workflows
- Understanding of incident management
- To work according to set processes
- Basic understanding of Postilion or payment systems and the payment environment
- Logical Thinker
- Handling of day-to-day incidents and requests for information/basic transaction queries
- Logging of all new incidents into service desk
- Management of open incidents
- Assist with problem solving
- Technical support of the environment we support
- Report writing
- Diploma or degree in IT/IS or related qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a payments/financial/ and/or POS environment
- Minimum of 2 years work experience as a technical support analyst
- Fluent in English
- Prior technical support in a payments/ banking environment would be an advantage
- Willing to work shifts
- Willing to work on-site at a customer if required
Job Type: Full-time
A market related salary will be offered.
All suitable candidates are requested to submit applications (condensed CV’s), to email@example.com
Please quote the name of the position in the subject line of all emailed applications.