This position is based in Cape Town in South Africa.
Established in 2001, Stanchion Payments operates in South Africa, Australia, the UK, United Arab Emirates and the USA.
Stanchion Payment Solutions is a global payments business that has significant experience with card payments, switching, issuing and acquiring that is moving towards development of a payment platform for the financial services and fintech market integrating the changing needs of the dynamic payments market.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a business analyst who will form part of the product development team and will deliver project’s business analysis scope as well as assist the product team to clarify, design and develop functional and non-functional features for the company’s products and customer solutions.
The basic responsibilities of a business analyst include working with colleagues and stakeholders to gain an in-depth understanding of critical business requirements; performing research; analysing data; documenting features, processes, acceptance criteria, and compliance requirements; communicating with stakeholders; managing the product SDLC; and conducting user acceptance testing.
Key focus areas include the following:
- Build up a very good understanding of the system, processes and data within your domain.
- Manage systems change requests which includes estimations and prioritisation discussions with stakeholders.
- Analyse impacts on existing governances/policy and understand the full impact of changes on the existing distribution systems, databases, processes and stakeholders.
- Define and write business requirements.
- Liaise with all relevant stakeholders and partners.
- Communicate, coordinate and manage relevant business processes.
- Ongoing production support, query resolution and reporting.
- Run stats and reports on data (queries).
- Get involved in ad-hoc projects as required.
- Manage and implement or maintain an effective testing process.
- Reviews and validates requirements for completeness, both from a product and customer project perspective. Identify test coverage, requirement gaps and risks from the requirements review process, while implementing requirements traceability throughout the project life cycle.
- Develops an understanding of the proposed system and create related test plans, which include testing schedules and resources required.
- Prepares and manages complex test environments and test data conditions.
- Focuses on a solution-oriented approach and identifies complete end-to-end testing needs involving multiple parts of a product and system.
- Manages the validation test phase including monitoring testers, logging and tracking problems found, and regression testing any changes made to the system.
- Analyses defects functionally and technically before assigning them to Development teams.
- Acts as a liaison between the customer and the development team during Acceptance Testing to facilitate problem tracking and resolution. Performs regression testing as necessary before rereleasing code to the customer.
- Consults with development engineers in the resolution of problems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience in software testing.
- 4+ years of related Business Analyst experience and systems testing experience required.
- Agile training with experience as a Scrum Master.
- Experience in documenting requirements and process mapping.
- Experience in test automation/development is a plus.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in working with SDLC Tools (Jira / Microsoft DevOps)
- Relevant software quality certification preferred.
- Experience with PCI Compliance, Card Systems, Payments industry, Transaction processing.
PERSONALITY ATTRIBUTES AND CORE COMPETENCIES
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Punctual with a sense of urgency
- Good interpersonal skills
- Building and maintaining relationships
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (English)
- Able to follow instructions accurately
- Attention to detail
- Ability to analyse and integrate information
- Sound planning and organisational skills
- Decision-making ability
- Able to work independently, as well as within a team
- High ethical and client service standards
- Cultivates innovation
- Client focus. drive results and collaborates
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com and quote “BA” in the subject line.
Should you not receive any feedback within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.