This position is in South Africa, and we are open to locations in Cape Town and Johannesburg.
Established in 2001, Stanchion Payments has offices in South Africa, Australia, the UK, United Arab Emirates and the USA.
Stanchion Payment Solutions is a global changing payments business that has significant experience with card payments, switching, issuing and acquiring that is moving towards development of a payment platform for the financial services and fintech markets, responding to the changing needs of the dynamic payments market.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Stanchion is looking for a ‘C’ level executive candidate, reporting to the CEO, to take responsibility of Stanchion’s strategic product direction. The ideal candidate will have proven experience of driving a software product from early stage roadmap and business case development, through to delivering the desired ROI.
In addition, candidates will need small to mid-size company experience (funding constraints / culture), as well as experience with fund-raising activities (direct engagement with potential investors). This role will have a strong technology focus (cloud specifically) over and above payments knowledge.
The Chief Product Officer is responsible for overseeing the overall product vision in the company with specific focus on product innovation, product design, product management, and product marketing.
This role will have an external focus that requires engagement with the wider market (banks, retailers, technology providers, analysts, regulators, etc.) in order to set a path for Stanchion to follow in all its product development endeavours (Product Strategy). The CPO will build and manage a Product Management function to deliver on the product strategy.
This role will also have an internal focus to get the various internal teams (Sales, Marketing and Operations) to rally around the Product Strategy and buy into the product vision.
Key focus areas include the following:
- Leading the PM organization
- Supervising PM managers and mentoring their team
- Creating a vision and strategy for the entire PM organization
- Marketing and evangelizing products from concept to launch
- Research that leads to informed product decision-making across the organization
- Work with the executive management team, Sales, Marketing, product development and delivery to create a roadmap and achieve defined and agreed milestones
- Define product strategy, take ownership and execute against a defined business case and assist with go to market plans
MINIMUM SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent work and educational experience
- Experienced payments professional with 10+ years in creating and driving product strategy, recent experience should include digital transformation, payment hubs and instant payments
- Experience of global markets, both emerging and established network of industry contacts
- Proven track record of product strategy success
- Significant understanding of payments at a technical level and business level
- Strong technical skills
- High level of business management literacy
- Sales and marketing experience
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-stress environment
- Driven motivated individual, that is able to work with an established team
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote
“CPO” in the subject line.
Should you not receive any feedback within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful