This position is in South Africa, and we are open to locations in Cape Town and Johannesburg.
Stanchion Payment Solutions is a global provider of digital payments solutions and systems integration services.
Established in 2001, Stanchion Payments has offices in South Africa, Australia, the UK, United Arab Emirates and the USA.
The Security Engineer is responsible for performing all functions required to support day-to-day data security operations. Supports and maintains a broad suite of information security infrastructure and is accountable for security and networking infrastructure component availability and integrity. Monitors compliance with IT security policy and assists with investigations and reporting of security incidents. Coordinates the planning, design, installation, and maintenance of security systems in support of security policies. Works with Information Technology staff and business units to assess risk and address security issues.
PRIMARY DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Plans, designs, and implements IT security infrastructure and associated support services, including Firewalls, IDS/IPS, network access control, web/mail security systems, endpoint security, and security event and incident management systems.
- Endpoint Device Management.
- Vulnerability Management.
- Asset Management.
- Creates and reviews reports on event anomalies.
- Develops and maintains security procedures.
- Facilitates new electronic data interchanges between internal and external organizations.
- Assists in the enforcement and monitoring of compliance regulations.
- Investigates and responds to security violations.
- Designs and conducts training for corporate security education and awareness programs.
- Defines security requirements and reviews systems to determine if they have been designed to comply with established security standards; develops new standards as necessary.
- Analyses business needs; researches and recommends solutions.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
MINIMUM SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline or equivalent work and educational experience.
- Three or more years delivering information security infrastructure support and related services with a minimum of five years IT experience.
- Expert knowledge of industry compliance and regulations as it relates to data security.
- Experience with ISO27001 and PCI DSS beneficial.
- Experience with leading cloud hosting providers.
- Working knowledge of Web applications, databases and vulnerability scanning utilities.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-stress environment.
- Strong guest service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to conduct research into database issues, standards, and products as required.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote
“IT Security Engineer” in the subject line.
Should you not receive any feedback within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.