This position is based in Cape Town in South Africa.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Stanchion is looking for a candidate with a proven record in billings and receivables, and the preparation and delivery of related reporting. The Junior Accountant will need to be comfortable in a multi-currency and multi-national environment. The Junior Accountant will report into the Group Management Accountant.
Key focus areas include the following:
- Generating invoices in the CRM. Providing accurate and timely information to the Group Management Accountant to facilitate the processing of customer invoice detail into Pastel.
- Following up with customers and regional sales admin teams on overdue payments and ensuring they are resolved.
- Preparation of customer account recons.
- Resolving customer account recon queries.
- Reconciliation of Accounts Receivable Ledgers to Trial Balances.
- Providing support and completing other month end activities under the guidance of the Group Management Accountant.
The role has the potential to develop and expand to include other finance activities as the business evolves and grows. The career path would be towards a senior accountant role and then a management accountant role.
MINIMUM SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Matric Certificate and preferably a recognised finance qualification.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience and full knowledge of account reconciliations is essential.
- Sound working knowledge of Pastel Accounting.
- Exposure to CRM systems would be advantageous.
- Proficiency in MS Word and especially Excel is essential (VLOOKUP, PIVOT).
- Numerical accuracy, attention to detail and methodical working methods are required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to liaise professionally with customers and personnel at the appropriate level.
- Ability to work under pressure and to adhere to deadlines.
PERSONALITY ATTRIBUTES AND CORE COMPETENCIES
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills (English)
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to follow instructions accurately
- Attention to detail
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote “Junior Accountant” in the subject line.
Should you not receive any feedback within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.