This position is based in Cape Town in South Africa.
Established in 2001, Stanchion Payments operates in South Africa, Australia, the UK, United Arab Emirates and the USA.
Stanchion Payment Solutions is a global payments business that has significant experience with card payments, switching, issuing and acquiring that is moving towards development of a payment platform for the financial services and fintech market integrating the changing needs of the dynamic payments market.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Stanchion is looking for a candidate who will be responsible for validating software products using requirement validation and systematic test design to develop, apply and maintain quality standards for company products. The job incumbent will develop and execute software test plans as well as contribute to analysing and writing test standards and procedures. Scripts and executes automated test cases against both modular and solution environment. Maintains documentation of test results to assist in validation and modification of software. Analyses test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action. Executes and provides feedback to engineers, architects, and product management on performance, load and stress tests that determine platform and application capabilities of the end-to-end system. Interacts with Vendors, Customers, and internal Sales and Support organizations.
Key focus areas include the following:
- Reviews and validates requirements for completeness, both from a technical and user perspective. Identify test coverage, requirement gaps and risks from the requirements review process, while implementing requirements traceability throughout the project life cycle.
- Writes and executes detailed test scripts to test the functionality of the proposed system. Develops an understanding of the proposed system and create related test plans, which include testing schedules and resources required.
- Prepares and manages complex test environments and test data conditions.
- Focuses on a solution-oriented approach and identifies complete end-to-end testing needs involving multiple parts of a product and system.
- Manages the validation test phase including executing scripts, monitoring testers, logging and tracking problems found, and regression testing any changes made to the system.
- Analyses defects functionally and technically before assigning them to the Development team.
- Manages the conversion of manual tests into automated tests using the correct framework.
- Acts as a liaison between the Product Manager and the Development team during Acceptance Testing to facilitate problem tracking and resolution. Performs regression testing as necessary before rereleasing code.
- Consults with development engineers in the resolution of problems.
- Develops, executes, and analyses the output from scripts that capture application and platform quality metrics.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience in software testing.
- 3+ years Quality Engineering and/or systems testing experience required.
- Understanding and experience with platform and operating system architecture.
- Test Automation and Scripting experience.
- Familiar with TDD.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in working with Test Management Tools and Defect Management Tools.
- Relevant software quality certification preferred.
- Experience with BDD preferred.
- Experience with Payments industry and Transaction processing would be beneficial.
PERSONALITY ATTRIBUTES AND CORE COMPETENCIES
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills (English)
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to follow instructions accurately
- Attention to detail
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote
“QA” in the subject line.
Should you not receive any feedback within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.