We are looking for quality engineer who can fulfil a role within our development division.
When building software, you go through many stages. From initial requirements to product launch, it’s integral to ensure that everything works according to specification.
That’s why we’re looking for a quality engineer to help us develop and maintain a world-renowned level of quality and reliability.
By joining our team, you will take part in various projects, assessing software quality by designing and implementing software testing processes. You will take ownership of code quality through exploratory and automated tests. You will hunt bugs, identify issues, report them, and see that they’re dealt with.
There are no shortcuts in achieving greatness: It’s a lot of work. But once you’re at the top, you’ll enjoy the view.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and execute systems to check for issues.
- Document test cases.
- Perform and document risk analysis.
- Record test progress and results.
- Code automated tests.
- Create test plans.
- Develop standards and procedures to determine product quality and release readiness.
- Discover bugs within software.
- Drive innovation and streamline overall testing processes.
- Identify, isolate, and track bugs throughout testing.
- Identify any potential problems that users might encounter.
- Perform manual and automated testing.
- Research and analyze product features being tested.
- Research new tools, technologies, and testing processes.
- Review user and software interfaces for consistency and functionality.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization.
- Firm understanding of the systems development life cycle (SDLC).
- Previous experience as a quality engineer.
- Previous software development experience is advantageous.
- Experience with a variety of different testing techniques such as UI Testing, automated testing, test driven development strategies and other.
- Experience with web and other security technology.
- Experience with software QA tools and processes.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management skills, Manage and meet deadlines and communicate pro-actively.
- Ability to read and interpret business, functional and technical specifications.
- Working knowledge of source and version control principles and products (e.g. Git, CVS, Perforce).
- Experience within a payments environment is advantageous.
- Must be able to work in a team.
- Must be able to work under pressure and multi-task.
- Well organised and attention to detail.
- Good verbal and written communication skills (English).
A market related salary will be offered.
All suitable candidates are requested to submit applications (condensed CV’s), to email@example.com and quote “Quality Engineer” as your subject line.