The position is based in Stanchion’s Asia Pacific business. We are open to locations in Australia, specifically Melbourne and Sydney where our teams reside. All other locations can be considered on a case by case basis for remote work.
Stanchion Payment Solutions is a global provider of digital payments solutions and systems integration services.
Established in 2001, Stanchion Payments has offices in Australia, South Africa, the UK, United Arab Emirates and the USA.
Fulfill the end-to-end implementation of payments solutions for Stanchion’s customers.
This role requires significant domain expertise in the payments space and experience with existing payments products in the market. It is a requirement to be extensively client-facing with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
The Senior Technical Consultant has the following primary responsibilities:
- Within the scope of the relevant projects, act as a technical consultant to the client on payments products and customisations.
- Ensure that solutions and projects are specified and documented appropriately, according to the agreed deliverables and process.
- Develop technical specifications from business and/or functional specifications.
- Highlight and address errors or short-comings in received specifications.
- Be able to work on more than one project at a time.
- Ensure that applicable solutions and projects are implemented according to best practices, on time, and to the satisfaction of Stanchion and the customer.
- Provide technical input and guidance into the solution design originating from either the client, or Stanchion itself.
- Understanding customer requirements, business models and technical architecture.
- You will be responsible for implementing technical solutions/application enhancements/configuration changes.
- Compiling implementation and test plans for upgrades/implementations.
- Installation and configuration of software including unit testing and systems integration testing.
- Working with customers across various geographical territories (some travel may be required within Covid-19 guidelines).
- Guide and assist team members in terms of technical and domain knowledge, professional skills, and correct delivery according to the stipulated timelines.
- Work with client project managers whilst keeping the designated Stanchion manager appraised of progress, risks, actions, status, etc.
- Solve implementation and/or migration problems, or ensure they are solved timeously by the available resources.
- Participate in any project retrospectives and contribute to internal process improvement and maturation.
- Balance the short-term needs of clients with the long-term wellbeing of any solutions, whilst keeping in mind the best interests of Stanchion.
- Verify the overall quality of any software developed and deployed at a client.
- Liaise with other business groups where necessary.
- Any other necessary function not defined above that would be required for successful delivery of any projects.
- Interpret business requirement specification, analyse existing system and interfaces for modification/improvement purposes and evaluate and design system enhancements.
- Take part in a 24/7 after hours on call roster to provide support for live systems.
- Must have knowledge of as many of the following as possible: AS2805, ISO8583, Card Scheme Specifications, and other payments message protocols and transport mechanisms such as TCP/IP, REST API, SOAP/XML.
- Experience with payments switches is a must. These are ACI’s Postilion, NCR’s Authentic and other current systems.
- Detailed analysis of issues and experience with tools like SQL Profiler, WireShark and Windows Performance Monitor.
- SQL scripting to query and update database contents.
- Simulation of testing scenarios, errors and/or customer environments.
- 5 years plus experience supporting and/or implementing payments systems.
- Some development experience, especially Java.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to:
email@example.com and quote “Senior Technical Consultant” in the subject line.
Should you not receive any feedback within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.