Stanchion Payment Solutions is a well-established, global fintech company that provides payment application solutions and services for banks, retailers, and all payment system operators. We provide specialist payment solutions in complex environments, supporting the integration of legacy systems into modern platforms, thereby enabling new digital channels and opportunities. Through our innovative products, we provide quick-to-market opportunities for our customers, helping them to build tomorrow’s payments solutions today.
A highly performant, cross-skilled development team working on multiple projects simultaneously. Self-organising, and goal-oriented, this is a team of very capable and driven, senior engineers with years (Some just carry it better than others) of experience between them.
Join us in building the next generation fintech solutions platform with modern technology stacks and head up our dynamic product development team. As a Development Manager, you will share the same passion as the development team about technology, and product delivery in a global fintech arena and help build out a highly efficient and energetic product development team.
- Manage and improve product development process
- Develop and implement a Product Development Strategy building on existing processes and frameworks
- Manage product development team’s day-to-day activities and priorities
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders and maintain an in-depth understanding of the product, strategic objectives, and business objectives
- Communicating technical issues / decisions effectively to the management team and stakeholders
- Provide technical and architectural leadership to the development team, ensuring strategic technical decisions are made with the necessary transparency and due diligence
- Support regional product implementations with a focus on customer satisfaction and high margin delivery
- Strategize with the team in a variety of project areas to achieve business goals
- Manage multiple projects concurrently
- Balance out the supply-side demand and business-side demand to ensure a balanced and sustainable product delivery
- Engaging with clients and representing the team in sales meetings
- Driving continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies
- Managing team member’s skills and career development, including performance reviews
- Establish product goals / targets / roadmaps with the Group Product Officer and Product Managers/Owners
- Conducting interviews and filling vacancies
- Min of 5 years experience in a managerial / team lead role
- Min of 5 years experience in a development (Java 11 and Spring Boot advantageous)
- Deep knowledge and experience with cloud infrastructure would be advantageous
- Experience within the financial services industry (preferably payments) would be advantageous
- Technically capable, able to contribute to debugging / troubleshooting when required
- Possess excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills and be comfortable working with multiple stakeholders to understand and explain highly technical information in a clear and concise manner
All suitable candidates are requested to submit CV’s and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org with “SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER APPLICATION” in the subject.