The main purpose of this role is to lead a team of Software Engineers within Stanchion, delivering business critical projects whilst maintaining high morale, managing the day to day activities in an efficient and professional manner and ensuring all team targets are met as advised by management.
- Proven ability of tackling challenging projects.
- Experience in full software development lifecycle from design to deployment.
- Min of 2 years’ experience in a team lead role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Expert Java SE
- Expert understanding of Microsoft Windows operating system.
- Advanced SQL Server skills.
- Excellent knowledge of fundamental networking principles.
- Expert understanding of Postilion systems and the payments environment.
- Expert understanding of payment life cycle.
- Working knowledge of Postilion product suite and SDK.
- Expert understanding of EFT protocols and message standards such as ISO 8583.
- Strong design skills.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of software development methodologies and best practices.
- Oversee the technologies, tools and techniques used within the team.
- Work closely with the business and engineers on issues related to design and requirements.
- Ensure that development standards, policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Drive change to implement efficient and effective strategies as advised by management.
- Develop and implement standards and procedures to aid in the development of high-quality software.
- Work closely with other team leaders and development teams when necessary to create software that is cohesive.
- Work closely with peers in the business to fully understand the business process and requirements.
- Gain enough business knowledge to be able to actively participate in specifying software solutions for business needs. Ensure that all software developed within your team satisfies the business requirements as specified.
- Ensure that projects are accurately estimated and delivered to schedule.
- Show flexibility to respond to the changing needs of the business.
Line Manager Competencies
- Perform 3rd line support as required.
- Assume a high level of ownership of all work developed by members of the team.
- Train and integrate new team members and proactively support the continued development of existing team members.
- Build and promote a positive working environment for the team within your areas as well as other business areas you will engage with.
- Effectively manage team members in line with company policy and procedures, including performance, development, disciplinary and conflict resolution with effective feedback.
- Proactively report and manage upwards to management and the business, so that they are well informed of the work currently in development.
- Implement team goals and objectives
- Be knowledgeable about each member of your team, their strengths, weaknesses and effectiveness, whilst translating each of their behaviors into clear tasks and objectives to improve their individual performance.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote
“Software Engineer Team Lead” in the subject line.
Should you not receive any feedback within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.