This position is in South Africa, and we are open to locations in Cape Town and Johannesburg.
Stanchion Payment Solutions is a global provider of digital payments solutions and systems integration services. Established in 2001, Stanchion Payments has offices in South Africa, Australia, the UK, United Arab Emirates and the USA.
Subject Matter Expert in Payments- and General-Purpose Cryptography and security, Hardware Security Modules as well as Enterprise Key Management Solutions. Assist with technical pre-sales and solution architecture activities for these products. Participate and/or lead implementations of these products periodically. Provide 2nd and 3rd level support to the internal support structures and clients under certain circumstances.
Foster relationships with existing clients and prospects on a technical level. Able to identify opportunities to apply the solutions and technologies to customer or industry requirements and execute thereon with the sales team.
The ideal candidate will also have extensive retail payments experience i.e. in-depth knowledge and understanding of payments acquiring and issuing on a conceptual as well as systems level.
Provide the above for other third-party products which form part of the Stanchion offering.
There is scope for more / wider responsibility for senior candidates.
This role requires significant domain expertise in the payments and payments security space and experience with HSMs and security solutions in the market. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills for interfacing with internal resources and clients/prospects.
Intimate knowledge of PCI DSS and the more specialised PCI standards affecting HSMs, Terminals and payment systems.
- Group wide technical pre-sales (third-party products).
- Technical support of global Sales teams.
- Participation and/or leading presentations/demos/workshops for requirements analysis.
- Creation/preparation of presentations/demos/workshops.
- Customer Proof of Concept engagements.
- Knowledge transfer to Sales and delivery teams.
- Provide Services to customers (onsite and remote, locally, and internationally in exceptional cases).
- Actively look for opportunities to sell solutions and own time.
- Internal: Support of technical staff pro-actively.
- External: Provide support to customers when needed (third-party products).
MINIMUM SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Highly motivated and driven individual with a positive outlook.
- Analytical thinking as well as good written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive and able to work autonomously and bring about positive change.
- Must have experience with Payment Switches, Card Processing, Merchant Acquiring, POS (stand-alone + integrated), Card Processing Standards, Cryptography (e.g. Futurex, TSM & Thales) and service delivery.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com and quote “Solution Consultant/SME: Payments Cryptography” in the subject line.
Should you not receive any feedback within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.