We are looking for strong experienced developers who can fulfil a team lead role within our development division who meets the following criteria:
- Monitor and approve processes and methodology within the team.
- Develop solutions from technical specifications.
- Write high-quality, readable code to applicable standards (including internal and external customer’s standards).
- Ensure that version control is properly performed.
- Highlight and address errors or shortcomings in received specifications.
- Troubleshoot defects.
- Deliver software that is thoroughly tested and debugged.
- Effectively communicate status without prior prompting.
- Liaise with vendors; third parties and clients in a professional and courteous manner.
- Liaise with other divisions within Stanchion.
- Documentation and contributing to the Knowledge base (Stanchion Wiki).
- Assist with code quality assurance i.e. code reviews, testing, etc.
- Ensure that development standards, policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Drive change to implement efficient and effective strategies as advised by management.
- Develop and implement standards and procedures to aid in the development of high-quality software.
- Gain enough business knowledge to be able to actively participate in specifying software solutions for business needs. Ensure that all software developed within your team satisfies the business requirements as specified.
- Ensure that projects are accurately estimated and delivered to schedule.
- Show flexibility to respond to the changing needs of the business.
Line Manager Competencies:
- Assume a high level of ownership of all work developed by members of the team.
- Train and integrate new team members and proactively support the continued development of existing team members.
- Build and promote a positive working environment for the team within your areas as well as other business areas you will engage with.
- Effectively manage team members in line with company policy and procedures, including performance, development, disciplinary and conflict resolution with effective feedback.
- Proactively report and manage upwards to management and the business, so that they are well informed of the work currently in development.
- Implement team goals and objectives.
- Be knowledgeable about each member of your team, their strengths, weaknesses and effectiveness, whilst translating each of their behaviours into clear tasks and objectives to improve their individual performance.
- Proven expert Java skills.
- Expert SQL Server skills–including developer items such as SQL coding.
- Data Design Skills.
- Ability to read and interpret business, functional and technical specifications.
- Ability to write accurate a concise technical specification.
- Analytical and logical problem-solving skills.
- A solid knowledge of testing best practices and the ability to test a new solution end-to-end.
- Ability to perform quality assurance on other’s work.
- Working knowledge of source and version control principles and products (e.g. Git, CVS, Perforce).
- Experience within a payments environment is advantageous.
- Manage and meet deadlines and communicate pro-actively.
- Problem solving ability.
- Must be able to work in a team.
- Must be able to work under pressure and multi-task.
- Well organised and attention to detail.
- Good verbal and written communication skills (English).
A market related salary will be offered.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com and quote “Team Lead” in the subject line. Should you not receive any feedback within 2 weeks, please consider your application as unsuccessful.