We are looking for a technical writer who can fulfil a role within our development division.
Objectives of this Role:
- Develop comprehensive documentation that meets organizational standards.
- Obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content.
- Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience, turning insights language that sets our users up for success.
- Develop and maintain detailed databases of appropriate reference materials, including research, usability tests, and design specifications.
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely with various departments to understand project and product requirements.
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation.
- Work with development and support leads to identify all documentation repositories, revise and edit, and determine the best solution for data compilation and centralized storage.
- Research, create, and maintain information architecture templates that uphold organizational and legal standards, and allow for easy data migration.
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization.
- Firm understanding of the systems development life cycle (SDLC).
- Previous software development experience is advantageous.
- Experience using AsciiDoc/Latex tools to create documentation is advantageous.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to read and interpret business, functional and technical specifications.
- Working knowledge of source and version control principles and products (e.g. Git, CVS, Perforce).
- Experience within a payments environment is advantageous.
- Manage and meet deadlines and communicate pro-actively.
- Must be able to work in a team.
- Must be able to work under pressure and multi-task.
- Well organised and attention to detail.
- Good verbal and written communication skills (English).
A market related salary will be offered.
All suitable candidates are requested to submit applications (condensed CV’s), to firstname.lastname@example.org