This position is based in Belville, Western Cape, South Africa.
Stanchion Payment Solutions is a global provider of digital payments solutions and systems integration services.
Established in 2001, Stanchion Payments has offices in South Africa, Australia, the UK, United Arab Emirates and the USA.
The IT Manager is responsible for managing all functions and tasks required to support the day-to-day IT infrastructure, technology and IT security operations of Stanchion. This role supports and manages the outsourced IT and security vendors by ensuring business application availability according to internal SLAs. The IT Manager is responsible for a broad suite of information infrastructure and is also responsible for the security and networking infrastructure component availability, confidentiality and integrity. The job incumbent monitors compliance with IT security policy and assists with investigations and reporting of security incidents. The IT Manager will need to deliver IT and security related projects.
- Infrastructure design, implementation, and management.
- IT project management and strategic planning.
- IT asset and inventory management.
- Business analysis and requirements gathering.
- Oversee IT desktop support.
- Aligning IT infrastructure with current and future business requirements and goals.
- Cybersecurity and information security management.
- Manage 3rd party vendors, including outsourced IT and Security vendors.
- Monitor all operations, security, network and infrastructure performance for the organisation.
- Generate accurate KPI and SLA reporting.
- Deliver IT and Security projects on time and to budget.
- Managing IT budgets, forecast and enforcing cost-effectiveness.
- Sourcing new and replacement hardware.
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies, hardware, and software.
- Track and maintain hardware and software inventory.
- Continually monitor internal (staff) and external (suppliers, contractors) policy compliance status.
- Work with all departments across the organisation to manage IT and security risk.
- Manage the IT and security incident response plan and respond to security violations.
- Designs and conducts training for corporate security education and awareness programs.
- Oversee the planning, design, and implementation of IT security infrastructure projects and associated support services, including Firewalls, IDS/IPS, network access control, web/mail security systems, endpoint security, and security event and incident management systems.
- Creates and reviews reports on event anomalies.
- Develops and maintains security procedures.
- Defines security requirements and reviews systems to determine if they have been designed to comply with established security standards; develops new standards as necessary.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
MINIMUM SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline or equivalent work and educational experience.
- Three to five years experience in a IT management role with a focus on infrastructure management and security infrastructure management.
- Microsoft related experience.
- AWS related experience.
- ITIL related experience.
- Strong supplier management skills.
- Industry certifications such as CISSP, CISM.
- Expert knowledge of industry compliance and regulations as it relates to data security.
- Experience with ISO27001 and PCI DSS beneficial.
- Experience with leading cloud hosting providers.
- Working knowledge of Web applications, databases and vulnerability scanning utilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- High attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-stress environment.
- Strong guest service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com and quote “IT Manager” in the subject line.
Should you not receive any feedback within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.