Established in 2001, Stanchion Payments has offices in Australia, South Africa, the UK, United Arab Emirates and the USA. Our experience in complex payments environments and our ability to leverage our international client engagements enable us to offer a range of solutions, services and products to integrate, manage, optimise and secure your payments systems. Our global team of innovative, skilled expertise enjoy collaborating with and adding value to our wide range of high-profile clients, from retailers, banks, credit unions, card schemes, payment processors and payment systems around the world.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
This is a full-time remote role for a Solutions Architect. The Solutions Architect will be responsible for designing and delivering complex payment solutions to meet client needs. The Solutions Architect will also manage software development, integration, and business process changes to support our client’s payment operations.
- Solution Architecture, Consulting, and Integration skills.
- Software Development skills with a focus on payments systems.
- Strong business process management skills with experience in payment operations.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Experience with financial services, specifically payments, is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, or related field.
- Experience with payment schemes such as Visa and Mastercard is preferred.
- Certifications in Solution Architecture, such as TOGAF, is preferred.
Areas of Expertise:
- Know and understand the Payments industry.
- The role requires strong architect/analytical skills. The ability to break down a problem and build it back up towards a suitable technical solution in a presentable form is crucial.
- Understand business requirements, translating these into technical requirements and design documentation.
- A proven track record as a developer and architect of payment systems/solutions.
- Jointly drive engagement activities and customer liaison with the Stanchion sales team.
- Ability to positively influence others to achieve results.
- Ability to get clarity on business needs and/ or problems.
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving skills, proactively working towards solutions.
- Understanding of business process and best practices experience or aptitude.
- Effective communication to ensure good understanding and facilitation of engagements to achieve desired outcomes.
- Ability to communicate technical and software design, technology stacks and recommended architecture succinctly.
- Ability to multi-task and manage requests, deadlines and interactions.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
The Solutions Architect at Stanchion will be responsible for designing, guiding and assisting in the architecture and development of solutions to the payments industry that follow best technical methodologies.
Designing: Responsible to specify a technical design based on the business requirements of our customers. The design phase will map specific business requirements to technical requirements, taking into consideration non-functional requirements such as performance, scalability and security. During the design phase, advantages and disadvantages of the solution should be presented and tracked into the future, either through further enhancements to the solution or known compromise.
Guiding: Work with and guide the development teams towards the development of the solution, providing clear technical specifications. While working with the relevant project teams, ensure delivery dates are met.
Assisting: The Solutions architect will be required to assist with pre-sales documentation and customer engagements. Strong documentation and presentation skills will be required.
- Architect, prototype, develop, own and communicate technical solutions from the business specifications.
- Assess the pros and cons of different technical methods, products and processes available to create a solution when presenting the proposed architecture and design of the solution. This includes consideration of functional and non-functional requirements.
- Map business processes and relationships clearly, in line with the solution features, and ensure that the recommended approach supports overall scope of the solution.
- Prepare clear objectives, and accurate, concise and relevant documentation for each solution.
- Accurately interpret relevant information, gaps, errors and inaccurate data and identify trends, risks and opportunities.
- Effective knowledge transfer to and the empowerment of the technical teams to build on and deliver as per the technical design documentation.
- The role requires an engaging personality and the ability to clearly articulate technical concepts to non-technical audiences. Interactions will be both internal and external facing.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to:
email@example.com and quote job title in the subject line.
Should you not receive any feedback within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.